Influence (Being a Role Model)
There are little eyes upon you,And they're watching night and day; There are little ears that quickly Take in every word you say; There are little hands all eager To do anything you do; And a little boy who's dreaming Of that day he'll be like you. You're the little fellow's idol; You're the wisest of the wise, In his little mind about you, No suspicious ever rise; He believes in you devoutly, Holds that all you say and do, He will say and do, in your way When he's a grown-up like you. There's a wide-eyed little fellow, Who believes you're always right, And his ears are always open, And he watches day and night; You are setting an example Every day in all you do, For the little boy who's waiting To grow up to be like you.
Every one of us has somebody in our lives that looks up to us. The scary thing is that every day, they are becoming a little bit more like you. That can be good, and that can be bad. Good if you are becoming a little bit more like Jesus every day and bad if you're not. Think about this. It's one thing to mess your own life up but to take a little kid with you is weak. Every action has a reaction. Realize the way you live your life does affect someone else. You are a role model whether you want to believe it or not. Don't steer a little kid wrong. Someday you will give an account for the influence that you were on others. In every way, become more like Christ, then, someday, when you stand before the Lord, He will show you countless people who you influenced to love Jesus as you did, and that, my friend, will be the greatest day of your life. Think about these things today.
1. What does Matthew 5:13 tell us about a Christians' influence in the world?
2. Who in your piece of the world are you influencing?
3. Are you influencing them for good or for bad?
4. In what ways are you influencing those people?
5. Influence works in two ways. You influence others, and others influence you. Who would you say influences your life the most?
6. Are these people good influences or bad?
7. In what ways are they influencing your life for good or bad?
8. If you have people who are influencing you that are bad for you, what will you do about it?
9. The ultimate influence in our lives should be Jesus. How are you allowing Him to influence you?
©2022 Sagebrush Church