God wants to protect your heart from the evil one. In this Forgotten War, we often miss how Satan goes after our most sensitive spots and our peace. We find our security and footing not in our own efforts, but in what Jesus did on the cross. Through the blood of Jesus, God won and sealed our victory. This study focuses on the benefits of putting on the armor pieces of righteousness and peace rather than being exposed and vulnerable.
What are some of the most undervalued or underrated pieces in a suit of armor?
1. How does the evil one tend to try to rock your personal peace?
2. Read Romans 5:6-11. How did Jesus bring peace and justice to humanity? Why is this cause to rejoice?
When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.
3. In what ways does Satan try to make a person doubt they are worthy of God's forgiveness? How does this entrap people spiritually?
4. How does your faith feel like an uphill fight at times? How does putting on the gospel of peace give you traction (Ephesians 6:15)?
For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.
5. How does the Holy Spirit help us in our understanding of righteousness and peace? (Ephesians 1:13 / John 14:27)
And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago.
I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
6. Why are these armor pieces so important for us to put on daily? What is the danger of missing these as you suit up for battle?
7. What are some ways that you need to walk in righteousness and peace this week?
We all face times where we feel like we are on a slippery slope. Take some time to talk about a time where you slipped and lost your footing in your faith.
- What were the circumstances around you wavering and wandering?
- What did it take to come to your senses?
- What are some steps that you can take to avoid it in the future?
Work through these questions as a group, then pray that God will give you the courage to stand even when life gets hard and challenging.
Wallpaper available for download in the Sagebrush App.
And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.