Do you keep up with the latest TikTok trends? Follow the Olivia vs. Sabrina drama and have quotes from the Office ready on standby? We are looking for a passionate leader, excited by the opportunity to pour into the health and wellbeing of middle and high school students! If you would be interested in providing thought-provoking and spiritually uplifting experiences for the next generation, consider applying.
You would be joining a team of fun-loving, energy-drinking, denim-wearing group known as Remix, our student ministry. We are in search of another student director, equally stoked about hanging with teens each week, walking alongside them, and helping to grow their relationship with Christ. Keep reading to see if this could be the right fit for you!
- Create a fun and exciting service experience for students. If we’re not fun, we can’t talk Jesus with them. In student ministry, you’ll have to be able to be both goofy and relatable.
- Be a disciple-maker, pouring into students each week and encouraging them to bring a friend.
- Go where they are. Spend time building life-changing relationships with students through social activities such as school visits, outreach events, and community get-togethers.
- Bring your top-notch energy in order to connect with students quickly while still effectively communicating clear biblical truths.
- Have a blast building up and partnering with a team of Remix volunteers and leaders to reach into students’ lives by whatever means possible.
- You’ll be the point person for the designated student ministry location while providing oversight to the students in your community.
- Work together with a passionate team of other student directors to plan big events to help bring students together and create space for them to share their story.
- Facilitate weekly gatherings for discipleship and small group conversation.
- Thrive on the creation of biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-attraction teaching programs and content.
- Be a trailblazer when it comes to inspiring others about their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- You’ll need to be gripped by the vision to fulfill the Great Commission.
- Hold, or about to attain, a bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies, Youth Ministry, Christian Studies, or Christian Leadership.
- Bring an energetic persona to connect with students and bring them to the church community.
- Enjoy attending school sporting events and games, and bring Sagebrush into the community.
- Thrive on the details of a plan of action, not letting one side of the tasks drop, yet agile enough to change direction at the moment.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, challenging environment with multiple competing priorities; yet offers loads of fun while winning one more for Christ.
WHO ARE WE
Sagebrush is a multisite church with multiple community locations based in Albuquerque, NM, and thriving online services that are reaching all across the world. Sagebrush offers a casual environment where people can experience contemporary worship and engage with one another through the teaching of the Bible.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make Christ known.
GOOD TO KNOW
During the selection process, Sagebrush Church’s practice is to provide preference to those who attend a weekly service and align with the Staff Covenant and Church Values. We offer an excellent benefits package including paid time-off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and employer-contributed retirement plan. But really, we’re just a cool place to do ministry!
COME WORK WITH US
Our beliefs and core values are the driving factors for what we do as a church. If you think this role might be for you, check us out online, read our church beliefs, watch a service and then submit your resume, along with a couple of samples of your teaching (it can be your YouTube or IG page, or link with a quick devotional.)
Not ready for this step? That’s ok; we have an amazing Residency Program that people can learn more about full-time ministry, and we have other openings listed on our Careers Page.