Full-time benefits eligible position
Do you love the idea of capturing powerful moments like baptisms or student team events with your photography skills? Does getting to lead a team of volunteers sound like something that will fill your spiritual tank and ignite your creative passions? Sagebrush is looking for a photographer with organizational and leadership skills to help spearhead our photography initiatives and team.
Responsibilities include capturing moving and encouraging photos each weekend, putting together a team of campus volunteer photographers, and overhauling the archival and upload processes for all Sagebrush photos.
If you've got your photography skills and a passion for leading and coaching others in the creative process, this could be the role of a lifetime!
The lead photographer will be in charge of putting together training for photo volunteers and will work with the Creative Team to be sure that the photos captured reflect the standard of excellence we need for the Sagebrush Brand. This role will often collaborate with those in social media, communications, and creative roles.
- Photograph Saturday and Sunday services across all Sagebrush locations.
- Photograph events and gatherings throughout the week.
- Create social media reels, stories, and other engaging video content.
- Build out training materials and onboarding process for volunteers.
- Actively recruit volunteers and train them on the process and Sagebrush Brand expectations.
- Edit photos and deliver photos as requested.
- Reorganize and maintain a sustainable photo archive system.
- Research photo trends across social media and share ideas that complement our brand.
- Brainstorm new ways to utilize the Photo Team.
Note: Your photography portfolio (PDF or website link) or demo reel will be required to be eligible to apply for this position.
- A dynamic and growing relationship with Christ, and live a way of life that is Jesus-focused.
- Attention to detail is your passion while maintaining a creative eye in the production of photography projects.
- A minimum of four years of relevant photography experience.
- Experienced with large-scale events and professional photography in a church setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of graphics software such as Lightroom and Photoshop.
- A degree or related qualifications are preferred.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to work with creatives.
- Experience in leadership roles, recruiting and leading volunteers is highly preferred.
- Detail-oriented, organized, able to work on tight deadlines, able to be flexible with change.
- Experience using project management software, like Monday.com.
- Comfortable with Canon equipment.
- Video experience and skills would be amazing.
Sagebrush is a multisite church with multiple community locations based in the beautiful State of New Mexico. The church has a thriving local community and online services that reach worldwide. Sagebrush offers a casual environment where people can experience contemporary worship and engage with one another through the teaching of the Bible.
The mission of Sagebrush is "To Know Christ and To Make Christ Known".
GOOD TO KNOW
During the selection process, Sagebrush Church's practice is to provide preference to those who attend a weekly service and align with the Staff Covenant and Church Values and beliefs. In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package, including paid time-off, medical, dental, and vision health plans, employer-sponsored life insurance, and retirement plans. But really, we're just an amazing place to work!
COME WORK WITH US
Our beliefs and core values are the driving factors for what we do as a church. If you think this role might be for you, check us out at www.sagebrush.church, read our church beliefs, watch a service, then submit your resume and portfolio link to
Not ready for this step? That's ok; we have a fantastic Apprenticeship Program where people can learn more about working in ministry.