Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reports To: Communications Director
Are you a versatile copywriter who loves weaving together all kinds of persuasive prose? Do you have strong feelings about the Oxford comma? Are you reading these job postings and thinking of ways they could be better? Are you looking for opportunities to use the written word to help people take the next step in their relationship with Jesus?
Sagebrush Church has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced content writer who is ready to do work that matters. We need a Content Writer to join our Communications Team to create copy for our websites, email campaigns, social media, video scripts, and marketing copy. The ideal candidate would be a writer with at least two years of experience in the field, who can provide professionally published (print or online) writing samples. We love personal pet projects as much as anyone, but if your blog about your dog is the only writing/publishing experience you have, this isn’t the position for you!
Basically, we’re looking for an outstanding, experienced utility player who can write for our general church audience (without sounding too churchy) as well as parents, students, kids, and more! Applicants must be able to take a project request and use their writing mojo to create engaging, informative, and compelling content that represents the requesting department effectively.
Basic web knowledge, a rudimentary understanding of the StoryBrand framework, and writing for SEO is preferred. Boring, stuffy, high-brow writers need not apply.
- Writing clear, concise, and grammatically correct content for a variety of media, including email, social, print, video, and online.
- Adapting and editing previously created content.
- Driving the creation of original concepts that result in effective and compelling communication.
- Utilizing different language styles and tones that represent various ministry voices and appeal to various target markets.
- Developing and maintaining a clear and consistent brand voice.
- Proofreading written and digital products for spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, usage, consistency, and brand voice.
- Verify the accuracy of all referenced facts (e.g., times, dates, statistics) and double-check cross-referenced materials.
- Review content with an eye towards campaign, ministry, and brand consistency.
- Proficiency in word-processing and editing software (e.g., Microsoft Office, Google Drive)
- Knowledge of various style manuals (e.g., AP Stylebook, Chicago Manual of Style)
- A degree or equivalent certification in English, journalism, communications, or a related field.
- Organized, able to work on tight deadlines, able to be flexible with change, feedback, and constructive criticism.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar.
- A diverse portfolio featuring a variety of media and formats (e.g., social media captions, television/radio scripts, search engine optimized (SEO) web content, blog posts, bylines, and direct marketing email.)
- Strong knowledge and preference for the StoryBrand messaging framework.
Sagebrush is one church with services reaching all across the world online as well as serving people locally in Campuses across New Mexico and Belize. We aim to provide high-quality, relevant, and exciting experiences for all ages no matter how or where you attend. All in-person locations have live worship, kids programming, and on-site pastors and volunteers available to help people feel at home and get their questions answered. All weekend services for adults, students, and kids are available online and on-demand so anyone can watch from the comfort of their home whenever it fits their schedule.
GOOD TO KNOW:
During the selection process, it is the practice of Sagebrush Church to provide preference to those who attend a weekly service and align with the Staff Covenant and Church Core Values.
This is a benefits-eligible position. Sagebrush Church offers a competitive and comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, employer-contributed retirement plan and plenty of time to take vacation and holidays to enjoy time with your friends and family.
But really, we’re just a cool place to work!
join TEAM SAGEBRUSH:
We would love to chat through how God is doing great things at Sagebrush Church. Please submit your resume to