Albuquerque, New Mexico
Ah, college - what a wonderful, exciting, challenging, and pivotal time in a person’s transition from childhood to fully-functioning adult. So many new experiences happen that can shape beliefs for years to come. If you’re the type of person that loves to help guide this age group from one phase to the next while helping them grow in their relationship with Jesus, this is a great position for you!
At Sagebrush Church, our Rise ministry brings together young adults (18-25) to experience and thrive in a life-giving local church community. We are in search of someone who enjoys creating environments where young adults can build relationships with others through events, activities, and small groups.
This isn’t your typical Campus Ministry, our goal is to help hundreds of young adults know Christ and make Christ known while working within the systems and leadership of the local church. So, if you can’t wait for the opportunity to get onto the local college campuses and coffee shops around Albuquerque, let’s talk!
YOU'LL GET TO:
- Help develop and deliver Biblically-accurate, culturally-relevant, and high-attraction messages and message series.
- Be a disciple-maker, pouring into college students each week and encouraging them to bring a friend.
- Follow, empower, and implement the vision of our Lead Pastor and help him, and the church reach one more for Christ.
- Put your best ideas together to plan gatherings that bring young people together and create space for people to share their stories.
- Actively recruit and provide guidance to a team of Rise volunteers and support weekly gatherings for their leadership development.
- Work within the context of a church with 8 physical locations reaching upwards of 75,000 people every weekend in-person and online.
Here's WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING:
- A dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ and enjoy being in a culture that is Jesus-focused.
- A bachelor’s degree in biblical studies, youth ministry, Christian studies, or leadership. A Master of Arts in Theology or similar discipline.
- 2-3 years of leadership experience with a proven track record of contribution in College/Young Adult Ministry.
- A natural ability to work alongside other teams while maintaining a humble servant attitude for growth and learning.
- A thirst for a fast-paced, challenging work environment with multiple competing priorities but offers loads of fun while you win one more for Christ.
Sagebrush is one church with services reaching all across the world online as well as serving people locally in Campuses across New Mexico and Belize. We aim to provide high-quality, relevant, and exciting experiences for all ages no matter how or where you attend. All in-person locations have live worship, kids programming, and on-site pastors and volunteers available to help people feel at home and get their questions answered. All weekend services for adults, students, and kids are available online and on-demand so anyone can watch from the comfort of their home whenever it fits their schedule.
GOOD TO KNOW:
During the selection process, it is the practice of Sagebrush Church to provide preference to those who attend a weekly service and align with the Staff Covenant and Church Core Values.
This is a benefits-eligible position. Sagebrush Church offers a competitive and comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, employer-contributed retirement plan and plenty of time to take vacation and holidays to enjoy time with your friends and family.
But really, we’re just a cool place to work!
join TEAM SAGEBRUSH:
We would love to chat through how God is doing great things at Sagebrush Church. Please submit your resume to
. In addition, we’ll need you to submit a couple of teaching samples via video link, YouTube channel or Instagram page.